Photobucket Photobucket

January 9, 2014

Potato Chip Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have a very serious love affair with potato chips.  Not flavored potato chips, not tortilla chips, not Cheeto's, pork rinds (eeewww), or any other kind of chips.  I simply love the crinkly and regular deep fried and salted potato chips.  I've tried to kick this weight sabotaging habit, but I can't do it...just love me some potato chips!
A while back I stumbled across this recipe (I can't remember where I found it!) and knew I was going to try it.  You see, I also LOVE chocolate chip cookies.


POTATO CHIP CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

1 c. butter, softened (I don't recommend substituting margarine for the butter, the water content in the margarine will cause the cookies to flatten)
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
2 c. chocolate chips, milk or dark-whichever is your personal fave
2 c. salted potato chips
2 eggs
2 1/2 c. flour
1/3 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar, until very creamy.  Add the eggs and mix again.  
In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking soda, whisking well.
Add the flour to the creamed sugar mix 1 c. at a time. Add vanilla and mix one more time.
With a wooden spoon or other sturdy utensils, stir in the chocolate chips and lightly crunched potato chips.
 Roll the dough into individual balls about the size of a large walnut, place on a cookie sheet around 2" apart.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a light golden brown.  Immediately remove and transfer to a cooling rack.
  
Snarf them up (OK, that's what I did).

Yield is approximately 3 dozen cookies.

No comments: