Photobucket Photobucket

March 22, 2011

Sensational Taco Pie

Whenever I hear the word 'pie' I think of chocolate, strawberry apple, and pumpkin.  So making a savory dinner pie is a bit unusual for me.  But having made this recipe 3 different times my family declared it perfect just the way it is, and we are putting it on our make again recipe list.


SENSATIONAL TACO PIE
1- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1/2 c. water
1 (4 oz.) can sliced olives
1 can crescent roll dough
1 c. sour cream
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
2 c. crushed corn chips

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large skillet fry the ground beef until no longer pink. Drain and return to the pan.  Add the taco seasoning mix, water and olives.  Simmer 5 minutes.
Separate the crescent dough into triangles, press out slightly and place in a 9" pie dish, points toward the center of the dish.  Press seams together to seal, forming the crust.
Sprinkle 1 cup of the crushed corn chips onto the crust.  Spoon meat mix over the top of the corn chips, spreading evenly.  
Stir sour cream until smooth, then spread over meat.  Cover with the shredded cheese and the remaining 1 cup crushed corn chips.
Bake until the crust is golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. 
Serve with salsa.




15 comments:

Unknown said...

Not gonna lie, that looks dang good!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely can't wait to try this one!!

Anonymous said...

This is very good..and so easy! Thanks for sharing..

Anonymous said...

I tried this for this evening's dinner. It is delish! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I bet if you added shredded lettuce, tomato, onion and cheese to this after baking it would be delicious.

The Cook said...

I made this for dinner on a whim tonight, and I've got to say that it was seriously tasty. I used a 9x13 glass dish, as I don't have a pie pan, but it came out great anyway. I also sauteed some onions with the beef, and as I don't care for olives, added a can of diced green chiles instead. I had to force myself to put the leftovers away, or I would eat myself into a coma! Thanks for the recipe, I'll definitely be making it again!

sunnymum said...

Neat recipe! My family liked it a lot. Had made a few changes...used a homemade taco-seasoning blend, added some cooked red lentils with the ground beef, used a pie crust (blind baked for 10 minutes before filling) instead of the crescent rolls, and crushed up 12 hard taco shells for the corn chips. Think it would be even better with the corn chips and sturdier with the crescent rolls (the pieces didn't cut as nicely as yours). And thanks to the commenter who suggested adding shredded lettuce and tomato -- they were a nice addition!

Anonymous said...

Thankyou!! This was a major hit! I used 95%lean beef with the red lentils, 0%fat Greek yogurt instead of sour cream a d 2%fat cheddar cheese! Mu husband and kids loved it!! Definitely going to be a family staple

Anonymous said...

My crust didnt turn out looking like yours ):

Anonymous said...

looks tasty, but it is pretty much all fat. :(

Anonymous said...

Then don't eat it!

jerianne said...

Was good. Had for supper tonight. Whole family liked, even kids.
Tweaked a lil, I used cream cheese (didn't have sour cream) and used sausage. Also used regular biscuits not crescents (had grands flaky layers) turned out fine. And made in 13x9. And had plenty of biscuits to cover bottom of dish (was 8 biscuits).
Was good!

Anonymous said...

There are soooo many ways you could "tweak" this to suit your tastes...it looks AWESOME just like it is...kinda makes my mouth water...gonna give it a whirl!!

Anonymous said...

Hot sour cream don't sound good but that looks pretty good

Anonymous said...

Exactly!