Photobucket Photobucket

January 13, 2011

Alaska- Iced Pumpkin Cookies

Cookie #2 in our "Cookie Nation"!
ALASKA!
I really liked this cookie!  Alaskans know what they are doing!
But then, I love pumpkin cookies, and pumpkin spice!
Fast to make, these were really delicious and substantial. My family had them eaten up in 24 hours.
Grade:  A

ICED PUMPKIN COOKIE'S
2 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine first 7 ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt) and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar.  Add the pumpkin puree, egg and vanilla extract and beat until creamy.  Mix in the dry ingredients.
Drop 1 heaping Tablespoon of dough onto cookie sheets, and flatten slightly (this dough is sticky so I had a difficult time flattening the cookie down at first-but then I had a mini epiphany-I very lightly dipped a spoon in water and then pressed the cookie down slightly-no sticking!).
Bake for 15-20 min.  Cool the cookies on wire racks and drizzle with icing.

ICING
2 c. powdered sugar
3 Tbsp. milk
1 Tbsp. melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract

combine all together, and drizzle over cookies.







Source: All Recipe's

1 comment:

Julie said...

Um, ok...please make and bring to ME! I could eat them ALL today! I'm having one of those days! THey look AMAZING!