Photobucket Photobucket

January 28, 2011

Creamy Tomto Soup

Last evening I made my favorite comfort food meal. With cold weather all around us I thought it would be nice to re post one of my very favorite recipe's...

I have always had a bit of an obsession with Tomato Soup. When I was 9 years old I even begged my mother to make me  tomato soup for Thanksgiving dinner! I love tomato soup so much that back when I was a bride-to be my Aunt Peg gave me  48 cans of Campbell's Cream of Tomato Soup at a bridal shower!
So, even though this recipe didn't originate with Aunt Peg, it's one of my fast and favorite meals, and when I shared this recipe with her she was crazy for it too!

CREAMY TOMATO SOUP
1-(10 3/4 oz.) can condensed tomato soup
1-(15 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
1-(8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened and cut into 8 pieces
1 small onion, finely diced
1/4 c. butter
1 1/2 c. milk
 In a large sauce pan melt the butter, add the diced onion and saute until onion is translucent.
  Add the condensed tomato soup, canned tomatoes, and milk.  
Heat until simmering.
  Add in the cubed cream cheese, return to a simmer and whisk until cream cheese is melted and completely incorporated.
Ready to serve!
NOTE:  The soup thickens significantly as it cools, so when reheating any leftovers you may want to add more milk.

This a very satisfying, creamy soup and it is the ultimate comfort meal if you serve it with 
my 30 MINUTE ROLLS,
QUICK CORN BREAD
or  these 
GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES FOR GROWN UPS

Originally posted 3/21/2010

1 comment:

Love the Decor! said...

THis looks delish!! I am adding it to the menu this week!! In from Soupalooza