Photobucket Photobucket

January 9, 2012

INDIANA-Easy No-Bake Cookies


Well with the start of the New Year 2012, I have to acknowledge that I really blew my 2011 goal of making, and posting all of the cookies from my series OUR COOKIE NATION  (courtesy of Readers Digest & Allrecipes.com)!
So I have double vowed to complete that goal this year, and I'm hoping you will  keep me motivated with reminders when I forget! LOL

Everyone has a recipe for No-Bake cookies. You know the one with oats, chocolate, peanut butter and a few other ingredients?  Well this recipe is different, and I liked it. A lot. One of the things I really like is its adaptability to different flavors.  Plus its extremely easy and delish.

Easy No Bake Cookies

2 c. sugar
3/4 c. butter 
2/3 c. milk
1 (3.9 oz.) box instant chocolate pudding mix
3 1/2 c. quick cooking oats
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

In a large pan, mix together the sugar, butter and the milk.  Bring to a boil.  Boil 2 minutes.  Turn off the heat, add in the pudding mix, oats and vanilla.  Let stand 5 minutes.

 Drop by teaspoon onto waxed paper, allow to cool completely and enjoy!  Store in airtight container.
What makes this recipe so flexible is just changing up the flavor of pudding you use!  Think about all the possible combinations!  In fact I have a second post coming up that is related to this cookie, where I used a different flavor mix. 
(and as one final note, this cookie is less expensive to make than the recipe using peanut butter...)

Check out our other no-bake cookie recipes...
Coconut Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
Oatmeal Oreo No Bake Cookies
Vanilla Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
Recipe Source: Allrecipes.com






Pin It

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hrmm that was weird, my comment got eaten. Anyway I wanted to say that its nice to know that someone else also mentioned this as I had trouble finding the same info elsewhere. This was the first place that told me the answer. Thanks.

easy recipes teacher said...

If it is made with milk, wouldn't it spoil if not refrigerated? I wonder if water or juice would be a better option.

Unknown said...

Hi Easy Recipes Teacher!

I did some quick research on your question, and what I found out is; because the milk is alreadry pasturized, and then boiled, it no longer needs to be refrigerated.
Thanks for the question, its always great to learn new things!
Amber

Annette said...

Thanks for the no-bake with NO peanut butter! I've been looking for one since my little one has a nut allergy.

Nancy said...

approximately how many cookies does this make?

Unknown said...

Hi Nancy!
I get around 30-36 just depending on the size.
Hope you enjoy these!

Bo Hall said...

try this :
3-cups sugar
1-cup milk
4tablespoons coco
pinch salt
bring to boil med heat for 5mins
take off heat add 1 teaspoon vanilla
2-tablespoons butter
1-cup peanut butter
1-cup mini marshmellows
3-cups oats instant
mix and drop on wax paper {hurry sets fast}
DO NOT USE NO-STICK PAN WONT SET

Bo Hall said...

also great with out coco.
makes about 5 doz.
4 doz. chocolate/peanut butter

Anonymous said...

what kind of milk do i use?

Unknown said...

I use 1% milk when making any of the no bake cookie recipes I have. I don't see any reason that you couldn't use whatever type of milk your family uses. Best wishes!