Photobucket Photobucket

April 30, 2011

Tempting Taco Pasta

I think it's fairly obvious to everyone that my family loves pasta.  It's our main staple...that and the local Wendy's Restaurant.
This recipe is one my husband really likes and bugs me to make  {he doesn't want to make it himself, he claims it has many steps-seriously sad}  when I say we have nothing edible in the house.  It's a great "pantry staples" meal.  You know, one of those recipes created using items you generally always have in your pantry...if your organized...and creative...and have a good memory...
TEMPTING TACO PASTA
8 oz. pasta like elbow, shell, rigatoni, etc.
1 lb. lean ground beef
1/2. diced onion
1 (10.25 oz.) can condensed tomato soup
1 (14.5 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (1.25 oz.) packet taco seasoning mix
1 1/2 c. cheddar jack cheese, shredded
1 c. tortilla chips, crushed
1/2 c. sour cream (optional)
1/4 c. chopped green onion (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook pasta according to package directions until barely al dente. While pasta is cooking, in a large skillet brown the ground beef and diced onion until the beef is no longer pink. Drain off grease.  Stir in the tomato soup, canned tomatoes and taco seasoning. 
Drain pasta and stir into the beef mixture.
Spoon the pasta mix into a 9 x 13 baking dish that has been lightly coated with non-stick spray.  Sprinkle crushed tortilla chips over the top and then cover with the shredded cheese. 
Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until cheese is melted and very slightly browned.
Serve with sour cream and green onions if desired.



Recipe source: Allrecipes.com

1 comment:

Mary Bergfeld said...

This looks delicious. It's been cooler today than we like at this time of year and this would be wonderful for supper. This is my first visit to your site, but I love what I've found and I will be back. I hope you have a wonderful evening. Blessings...Mary