Photobucket Photobucket

January 21, 2011

Marshmallow Layer Brownies

I love brownies.  So do my family.  We're a bunch of happy campers whenever I make a pan of them.  We really love this recipe!
Oh boy...these are chocolaty goodness at it's best...
MARSHMALLOW LAYER BROWNIES

1 box brownie mix -family size works best-
(plus the ingredients to make the brownies)
1 (10 oz.) pkg. marshmallows

Frosting:
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter
4 Tbsp. baking cocoa
1/4 c. corn syrup
1/2 c. milk
pinch salt
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract


Using your kitchen shears, cut the marshmallows in half.  Set aside.
Prepare the brownies according to package directions for the 9 x 13 size pan.  5 minutes before the baking time is completed remove the brownies from the oven and cover with the marshmallows.
Return to the oven and finish the baking time of 5 minutes.
Place the baking dish on a wire rack to cool completely.
While brownies are cooling, place the sugar, butter, baking cocoa, corn syrup, milk and the pinch of salt in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute, and then remove from heat.  Beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, mixing until smooth.
Pour chocolate mix over the marshmallow layer of the brownies, spread to even it out, and allow to cool completely until frosting is set.


Cut into 24 equal size squares and store in an airtight container.  Your gonna love these!!!

We love linking up with:




http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/

15 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my! I would like about 4 of these right now!!! My kind of brownie!

Lisa said...

Oh this looks like a glorious dessert. Gooey and sweet and chocolate to boot, yum. I'm starting a new linky on my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by this weekend and link this up.

Erika Beth, the Messy Chef said...

Found your site via Lisa's Sweets for a Sunday. I'm not a big marshmallow fan, but I think I would LOVE them surrounded by brownie. Yum!

Lisa said...

Thanks so much for linking this up. I really appreciate the support. Hope to see you again next week.

No Raisins on My Parade said...

I saw your link on Sweet as Sugar Cookies - these look sooo good! I tried putting a layer of marshmallows on top of brownies before, but they got a little crispy/sticky! haha I think the secret must be the icing on top. I'll have to try that next time. :)

Marissa
http://noraisinsonmyparade.com

Amy said...

These look delicious. Love your step by step photos! :)

I'm having the very first GIVEAWAY on my blog. Please stop by to submit an entry. Good Luck.

http://utry.it/2011/01/happy-birthday-to-meand-very-first.html

The Country Cook said...

I'm here from Sweets for a Saturday link up party :) These seriously caught my eye and they look so rich and dreamy. Definitely printing this one out to make. I'm your newest follower :)

Diane Schmidt said...

looks great!Love the flavor combo!

Beth said...

These look fabulous! They remind me of Texas sheet cake, which is one of my personal favorites. Thanks for sharing this luscious recipe!

Anonymous said...

Brownies..... how I love thee.

Tawny @ The Year of The Cookie said...

Can't wait to try these! Unforunately i'll have wait until the next church activity or family get together since there's just 2 of us and I don't trust myself with a whole pan of brownies!

scrambledhenfruit said...

Pot luck at work on Friday- these may have to make an appearance. :) They look gooey and delicious!

URBakin'MeCrazyy said...

Hello,! My name is Megan. I’m 15 and like you, I love to make food ! Like you, I have a blog.! I am very impressed with your blog and would like to include a link to your blog on mine.

Here’s the link to my blog:
http://urbakinmecrazyy.blogspot.com/

Thanks!
Have an EXCELLENT day

briarrose said...

Oh my this looks sinful. Wonderful job! ;)

Pam said...

Your brownies are fantastic! I've never had them with marshmallow and must try it. What a great combo!