Photobucket Photobucket

November 10, 2010

Taco Pockets

Here is a recipe I found at Pillsbury.com, and then adapted to my family's tastes...
Fun and easy, this makes a great finger food or appetizer for parties
and a quick dinner when time is short.
 TACO POCKETS
1 (1 oz.) pkg. taco seasoning mix
2/3 c. water
1 c. chunky salsa
1 (8oz.) can tomato sauce
1 lb. ground hamburger, cooked and drained
2-3 cans refrigerated biscuits
1 c. Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
1 c. sour cream (optional)
Heat oven to 375 degree's.
In a medium saucepan, mix the cooked hamburger, taco seasoning, water, salsa and tomato sauce. Heat, stirring often until sauce has thickened.  Remove from heat, and let cool for several minutes.
 Press out the biscuits into flat circles, place some of the meat mix on 1/2 of the dough circle, sprinkle a little cheese on top, then fold the other 1/2 of the dough over the top of the filling. Press the edges together with a fork.  Transfer to a baking sheet. Repeat until all the mix is used up.

 
 
 
 Bake for 20 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown. Serve with sour cream!




We're linking up with:



6 comments:

Courtney @ {not so homemade} said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

I HAVE to make these! They look SO delicious!

I would LOVE for you to link up to my What's Cooking Wednesday!

http://notsohomemade.blogspot.com/2010/11/from-scratch-pumpkin-pie-1110-whats.html

Courtney @ {not so homemade} said...

Ok, I just talked to my mom and she's going to run by the store to get the stuff so I can make these tonight! EEEEKKKK! I can't wait!!

Endy Daniel said...

Mamamiaaaaaa..... you're my number one chef! lol

Courtney @ {not so homemade} said...

I featured these over on my blog with pictures of how mine turned out and a link to your recipe!

http://notsohomemade.blogspot.com/2010/11/mexican-dinner.html

Alison Agnew said...

Yum...I'm totally making these. And now following you too!

Katie said...

I've made taco pot pies, but never taco pockets! Love this idea, and love the fact that you took roll biscuits to use as the dough! Thank you for linking up to Katie's Cucina weekly link party!