Anywho... I actually came up with the DIVINE recipe for this frosting all by my lonesome!
(and in my few moments of epiphany overload I brilliantly adapted my cake mix too). ;)
Easy Pumpkin Spice Butter Cream Frosting (& Cupcakes):
For the cupcakes you will need:
- 1 box Spice cake mix
- (try carrot cake mix too-yummy)
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1/3 c. oil
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Preheat oven to 350 degree's. Mix all ingredients together, beating for 2 minutes on med. speed. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into each cupcake liner and bake for 15–20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out clean.
Cool completely on wire racks (the 1/4 c. measure generally yields exactly 24 cupcakes).
For the Butter Cream Frosting you will need:
- 1 c. butter (don't substitute with margarine), softened
- 4 c. powdered sugar, lightly sifted
- 4+ Tbsp. buttermilk (amount will vary, depending on consistency)
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice (totally adjustable to your personal taste)
- 2 drops red food coloring & 1 drop yellow food coloring (optional)
Whip butter until fluffy. Add in powdered sugar, about 1 cup at a time. Mix in 1 Tbsp. buttermilk after each addition of powdered sugar, repeating these steps until the frosting is well mixed and hold peaks. Add vanilla extract and pie spice, and mix thoroughly. Use additional powdered sugar if necessary to thicken frosting. Frost those cuppy cakes and enjoy!!
We love linking with: