Photobucket Photobucket

October 5, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Butter Cream Frosting (and cakes too)

I am unabashedly proud of this recipe. I have never been a member of those envied cooking czars who can whip up great recipes out of thin air...I need a guideline, measurements, pictures, and help!
Anywho... I actually came up with the DIVINE recipe for this frosting all by my lonesome!
(and in my few moments of epiphany overload I brilliantly adapted my cake mix too). ;)

Easy Pumpkin Spice Butter Cream Frosting (& Cupcakes):
For the cupcakes you will need:
  • 1 box Spice cake mix
  • (try carrot cake mix too-yummy)
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 c. buttermilk
  • 1/3 c. oil
  • 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degree's.  Mix all ingredients together, beating for 2 minutes on med. speed.  Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into each cupcake liner and bake for 15–20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out clean.
Cool completely on wire racks (the 1/4 c. measure generally yields exactly 24 cupcakes).

For the Butter Cream Frosting you will need:
  • 1 c. butter (don't substitute with margarine), softened
  • 4 c. powdered sugar, lightly sifted
  • 4+ Tbsp. buttermilk (amount will vary, depending on consistency)
  • 2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 Tbsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice (totally adjustable to your personal taste)
  • 2 drops red food coloring & 1 drop yellow food coloring (optional)
Whip butter until fluffy. Add in powdered sugar, about 1 cup at a time. Mix in 1 Tbsp. buttermilk after each addition of powdered sugar, repeating these steps until the frosting is well mixed and hold peaks.  Add vanilla extract and pie spice, and mix thoroughly. Use additional powdered sugar if necessary to thicken frosting.  Frost those cuppy cakes and enjoy!!
 
Sister Sister Sunday



12 comments:

Tasha Lehman said...

Yum! Looks delicious!

wacki04@TheKing'sCourt IV said...

Looks great!! You can tell it's that time of the year because everyone's using pumpkin, lol!

I'd love for you to stop by What's Cooking Wednesday today and share one of your recipes! We host it each week too! Hope to see you there :)

http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/

Wendy said...

HOLY COW...those look tasty! I found you from y'day What's Cooking Wednesday. I would love for you to share this recipe or another at my Tip Day Thursday Carnival over at Around My Family Table. Thanks. Wendy

Lori@Paisley Passions said...

YUMMY!!! I love the cupcake stand too! TFS this on Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions :)

Jessa said...

These look like they are a bite of the season! I am so making them. My family says: THANK YOU.:)

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello...

I'm just coming over from Jessa's Autumn Holiday party. I'm sooo glad that I did! Mmmm...your recipe for the Pumpkin Spice Buttercream Frosting sounds sooo delicious! In fact, I have already copied your recipe to my computer! I'm going to give this one a try!!! Thank you sooo much for sharing it with us!!!

Warmest autumn wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Wendy said...

Thanks for linking up with last week's Tip Day Thursday at Around My Family Table. Please feel free to link up again.

Wendy

Kate @ The Gaines Gang said...

I am sooooo making this this weekend.Thank you for sharing!

Lynn said...

Your frosting looks amazing-thanks!

Katie said...

mmm I'm addicted to making cupcakes! I think I'll need to try this frosting out! Please make sure you stop by Katiescucina.blogspot.com for my first ever cooking link party!

HoosierHomemade said...

Yum! I'm loving all the pumpkin recipes right now.
Thanks for joining the Cupcake Challenge!
~Liz

Anonymous said...

these look so yummy !!!!