What can be simpler than a dish with 5 ingredients, one your kids are sure to love, and is ready to serve in under 30 minutes? A great basic pantry dinner, you can adapt to your family's tastes.
Creamy Pasta and Spinach
- 12 ounces spaghetti, uncooked (I use thin spaghetti noodles-my family's preference)
- 1 lb. ground sausage (I actually use roasted, shredded chicken which I purchase from Costco)
- 1 jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce-use your favorite
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained (ya I know...you hate spinach. Leave it out, or maybe replace it with a different veggie like chopped broccoli)
Cook spaghetti as directed on package.
While spaghetti noodles are cooking, brown meat in large skillet. Stir in sauce and cook on low heat 3 to 5 minutes, add cream cheese and spinach and stir until cream cheese is melted and completely incorporated.
Drain spaghetti and toss with sauce. It's fabulous!