Photobucket Photobucket

January 1, 2011

I LOVE GINGERBREAD CAKE!

I love Gingerbread cake all year, but I really only make it during the Christmas holidays. This year I'm going to do it differently!  I think the cake would be lovely at Valentines, drizzled with a pink glaze, or at Easter with whipped cream and shaved chocolate...
This recipe is awesome because it starts with a cake mix---easy!

Gingerbread Cake 
1 spice cake mix
4 eggs
3/4 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. + 1 Tbsp. sour cream
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. + 2 Tbsp. molasses
1 tsp. powdered ginger
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Dash nutmeg 
Dash cloves 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together all the ingredients until it is well combined and smooth (about 3 min mixing time). Pour into a greased AND floured bundt pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (watch carefully, you don't want to over-bake or it will become dry). Remove the cake from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 10-15 min. Place a large plate or serving platter over the cake pan, turn it over and shake the cake loose. Allow cake to continue cooling then sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Notes: I ALWAYS serve this cake with freshly whipped, sweetened cream-DELISH!
This recipe can also be made in a greased and floured 9 x 13 baking dish or the recipe will make 2 loaves using 9 x 5 size.

4 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

I love, love, love gingerbread! This cake is beautiful ... :)

Unknown said...

this might be the perfect FIRST recipe for my new Kitchen Mixer!

(Visiting from LandOfmom's Ring in 2011 blog hop)

Doreen McGettigan said...

Oh I love gingerbread cake! and I am def going to try the perogies!
I am a brand new visitor and follower from FF

Nellie--Sockertussen said...

Your gingerbread looks delicious thanx for sharing the recipe =)
I'm your new follower on GFC and TWITTER from Monday Blog Hop.
Would love a follow back on GFC and Bloglovin' if possible.

Take care
//Nellie

http://sockertussen.blogspot.com

http://sockertussen.blogspot.com