- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2-2 lbs. beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 1 1/2 c. beef broth
- 1/3 c. dry sherry
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/4 c. water
- 1-(12 oz.) pkg. dry egg noodles
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat then add beef and brown on all sides.
2. Combine beef, mushrooms, onion, garlic, salt, oregano, pepper, marjoram and bay leaf in slow cooker. Pour broth and sherry on top. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high 4-5 hours.
3. Combine sour cream, flour and water in a small bowl. Temper the sour cream mix by adding 1 cup of cooking the liquid from your slow cooker and mix well. Add this mixture back into the slow cooker and continue cooking, uncovered, on high another 30 minutes (or until the sauce is thick and bubbly).
4. During last 30 minutes of cooking, prepare the egg noodles according package directions.
Serve Stroganoff over noodles!
We are linking this delicious recipe to: