Photobucket Photobucket

April 6, 2012

3-Ingredient Chocolate Cake

I found a recipe on Pinterest that I have been dying to try.  I mean, it has 3 ingredients!
That alone caught my interest, but then I saw the recipe was for chocolate cake-yum.
I can do this!


I gave it a try, and we really liked it!  The cake is very moist, a little denser in texture than a regular cake, and a bit more "brownie" like.  However I thought the chocolate flavor was a bit richer and more delicious than plain old cake.

Low Fat Chocolate/Yogurt Cake!

1 (18.25 oz.) package chocolate cake mix
(I used Devils chocolate flavor, but I'm sure any flavor will work)
1 c. fat-free plain Greek Yogurt
1 c. water


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat together the cake mix and yogurt.  Add the 1 c. water.  Mix well, until lumps are mostly gone.
Pour the batter into a 9 x 13 baking dish that has been lightly coated with non-stick spray. 
Bake according to package instructions, but be sure to test for done-ness before removing-insert a toothpick near the center of the cake, remove and see if the toothpick has come out clean.  If not, continue to bake a few minutes more, and repeat the test.
Cool completely, cut into serving pieces and enjoy!
 We didn't even add frosting to the cake, it was lovely just as was.
 Recipe Source: Spark Recipes



Pin It

1 comment:

Carrie Lynne said...

Can't wait to try this.