Photobucket Photobucket

October 30, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Surprise Cookies

I discovered this awesome recipe a year or so ago, and had forgotten about it until the irresistible craving for pumpkin spiced foods hit me.  As I was going through my HUGE pile of recipes, I found this little "surprise".
I altered it some to meet my family's preferences (ok just mine), and I think I came up with a winner. 
PUMPKIN SPICE SURPRISE COOKIES
1 c. butter, softened
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. sugar
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. canned pumpkin
1/4 c. milk
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
approx 48 Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
1/3 c. sugar with 1 Tbsp. cinnamon, combined
Preheat oven to 350 degree's.
 
Cream together the butter, brown sugar, sugar until light and fluffy.
In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
Add pumpkin to butter mixture, then alternating ingredients beat in the flour mix and milk.  Dough should be rather stiff, but moist, and hold well when you roll a piece into a ball.
Take approx 1 Tbsp dough and roll it between your hands to form a ball. Then press 1 unwrapped Hershey Kiss into the middle of the dough ball, and press the dough around it to cover the chocolate completely.
Roll each dough ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture and then place on parchment covered baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let stand for 4-5 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
 
(The original recipe called for the 'Candy Corn Hershey Kisses', and I added the canned pumpkin and milk because the first time I made these cookies they were too dry.)

No comments: