Photobucket Photobucket

October 17, 2010

Bleu Macaroni and Cheese

Yes, the title is true!
This macaroni and cheese recipe may lean toward grown-up tastes, but you never know. My kids loved this recipe, I just cut back on the amount of bleu cheese I used.
If your a lover of the sharp, tangy cheesy goodness of bleu cheese, I promise it will become one of your favorite gourmet recipes (and its sooooo easy to make)!
 BLEU MAC & CHEESE
  • 2 c. elbow macaroni
  • 2 Tbsp. butter
  • 3 Tbsp. flour
  • 2 c. whole milk ( I use 1%, but the recipe does state whole milk)
  • 1 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1/2 c. crumbled bleu cheese
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (optional)
Cook macaroni according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 c. pasta water in case the sauce needs to be thinned slightly, then drain pasta. While macaroni is cooking, make a white sauce by melting the butter in a medium saucepan, then stir in the flour.  Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until smooth. Gradually whisk in the milk, stirring until smooth and the sauce boils. Add the cheeses and stir to melt and combine it.  Add the cooked macaroni, salt, pepper and garlic powder (if the sauce is too thick, at this point stir in a little of the reserved pasta water until you get your desired consistency.  Heat through and serve!
  My husband loves to put Franks Hot Sauce on his dish of pasta, and I have added chicken to this recipe several time's.  But I think the addition I like the most is crisply cooked and crumbled bacon-delicious!
 
We love linking to:



4 comments:

Danielle @ The Mad Ryno House said...

Looks amazing. I'm tempted to lick the screen!

-Dani

Red Couch Recipes said...

I think we would love this change-up on mac and cheese. thanks. Joni

Endy Daniel said...

yum! yum! yum!

Katie said...

Thank you for linking up to Katie's Cucina! You won the $35 CSN gift certificate! Make sure you email me with your info!